Interested in a culinary career?
Classes begin September 12, 2022
Click here to access and submit our application. Upon receipt of your application,
staff will contact you to schedule an interview.
The Community Culinary School job training program offers:
- 12 weeks culinary arts training
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Uniforms, books, materials
- Internships with area food service establishments for real-world experience
- Employment skills training including resumes and interview skills
- Certificate of Completion
- Funding available to qualified candidates
- Life changing experiences!
WIOA and SNAP Employment Training Provider
Graduates are qualified for a wide variety of food service positions in healthcare, schools, institutions, corporate cafeterias, restaurants, catering, supermarkets and more. Staff work with each student on a plan for the job search process. The school has extensive relationships with food service establishments for internship and employment opportunities.
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
The applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be able and available to work full-time in the food service industry upon graduation. If there is any reason that would prevent you from working FULL-TIME, you will not be eligible
- Have the legal right to work in the U.S. and provide documentation (e.g., Social Security Card)
- Be available to attend class from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday for the length of the 12-week session
- Not have any outstanding arrest warrants or pending criminal cases. (The program is unable to accept registered sex offenders.)
- Be a minimum 6 months clean and sober
- Demonstrate physical ability to stand and work for an 8-hour shift, be able to lift 50 lbs., and tolerate a hot kitchen environment
- Have the manual dexterity required for proper knife use
- Live in a stable housing environment
- Have reliable transportation
- Have childcare arrangements in order
- Be compliant with all medical and/or mental health advice and medications
- Be able to read, speak, and understand English in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to follow multi-step instructions in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work independently without supervision and contribute as a valuable team member
- Indicate a willingness to participate fully in all class activities
- Be curious to learn and able to complete all homework assignments
- Adhere to all Community Culinary School policies and procedures related to attendance, punctuality, and other course requirements
Please be prepared to submit the following documents with your application:
- The completed application
- Picture identification
- Proof of legal right to work in the U.S. (e.g., Social Security Card)
- Health Insurance Card
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
To Begin Your New Career
Fill out an application:
Send your application to:
Community Culinary School
40 Main St.
New Milford, CT 06776
or email to:
Contact Dawn Hammacott, Executive Director, at 203-512-5791 to visit the school and arrange for an interview.
The Community Culinary School is a WIOA and SNAP Employment Training Provider. Tuition is free for qualifying candidates through these programs and other resources. Contact the school for more information at 203-512-5791.
We abide by the USDA non-discrimination policies for SNAP recipients. Read the policy here.
*SNAP Employment Training Provider
*WIOA Employment Training Provider
*Equal Opportunity Provider